Edward & Gladys Rowland Rules
BURGESS HILL BOWLS CLUB
THE GLADYS ROWLAND MEMORIAL TROPHY
Tournament Controlled by this Club and open to invites - Tournament subject to Licence.
1. Bowls England Rules apply – all entrants must be Affiliated Clubs
2. Invited Clubs may enter one or two ladies’ rinks.
A player can only be named for one team.
Each team will be regarded as a separate entry.
Players to wear Greys in rounds and Whites on Finals Day.
3. Two substitutes may be used providing they have not played for any other team.
4. Games to be played on the outdoor ground of the first drawn team who are the challengers.
They must offer three dates to their opponents, one of which to be a weekend, enabling the game to
be played on or before the arranged date by mutual agreement between the clubs. Challengers not to ask for dates to play before 1st May, to allow greens to open. Challengers to offer dates giving at least 48 hours notice between contact and the offered playing dates.
5. Home team, being the challengers, will be responsible for the green fees or other charges for both
teams in the game.
6. Where a team does not report for play within thirty minutes of the time arranged, the team present
shall be entitled to claim a walkover, providing there are no extenuating circumstances. The decision
of the Competition Committee to be final.
7. All games are 21 ends. An extra end to be played in the case of a tie.
8. Semi-Finals to be played at Burgess Hill on Saturday, 21st August, at 10.00 a.m. If due to weather
or green conditions will be re-arranged for Sunday, 22nd August, at 10.00 a.m. The Final will be
played at Burgess Hill on their Finals Day, Sunday, 5th September, 2021.
9. Score cards to be signed by both skips.
Winner to telephone results to the Competition Secretary on the day of play and post the cards first
class. First Game winning skips MUST forward their name and telephone number when sending the
10. No rule to be altered without the consent of the Burgess Hill Bowls Club Competition Committee.
11. Winning team to hold the Gladys Rowland Memorial Trophy for one year.
12. Prize Money will be paid to the Clubs of the winners and runners-up, and not to individual
13. Entrance Fee £8 per team, payable with application